Monday, 28 November 2011

Catching up to My Student Teacher!


The good old days of stand and deliver are over and the question is today, how do you make a presentation that people are going to sit on the edge of their sits and be engaged?  One of my goals as a teacher is to give my students some experience with presentation and use the variety of tools that are available.  For the most part my students are using power point but not all students have power point on their home computer, which creates some difficulty.  I had never heard of Prezi until I had a student teacher and she mentioned that she was going to make a Prezi and present her information in that form; she showed the students and I was lost. Prezi allows you to add links, graphics, texts, audio and video, which creates a much more stimulating presentation than power point. I found Prezi to be tricky to use in the beginning. The control is a "wheel" and it takes a bit of getting use to manuver but once you get going the information is constructed ont eh never ending white board. One of the "cool" features of the prezi is that it allows you to zoom in on objects and back out again. I think that Prezi will engage students because it is a new "toy" to stimulate the senses. If lost, there are numerous tutorials on line.


No comments:

Post a Comment